Saturday, April 29, 2017

Yearnings: A Poem



I yearn for the things that will never be.

To look at my own face, with eyes closed while I sleep.

Feel my back pressed against my chest, as I cuddle myself asleep.


To hold my thought in my hands and re-arrange them, maybe.


To see the color of my smile, 


The smell of my laughter,

The taste of color white, 

The sound of my perfume,

The touch of ...  Oh what torment it is, you see?

Damned are the things that will never be! 


-Karnika Kapoor


Thanks for visiting my Blog; it’s always good to see you here!
Feel free to comment down below.
Find me on the following: Social Media


This poem was originally posted on my Tumblr blog.

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful words! Keep it going. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This poem has so many layers and a rich meaning to each line that I had to read it twice to savour it fully!!
    Lovely writing Karnika!!!

    Theme: Peregrination Chronicles (travel)
    Y is for You have got mail in Udaipur #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shalini, I am glad you liked it. :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Quite splendid motifs, it reaches out and makes the subject of "yearning" understandably out of scope.
    The parallels used are perfect.
    Wonderful poem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting. I like the way you play with the senses, rearranging them.

    Y is for the Yellowstone Conspiracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am Glad you liked it, Tamara. :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks for appreciating! That's very kind of you. :)

      Delete
  6. How I wish, we could hold my thoughts in my hands and reorganize them! Yearnings, they have a beginning but no end...its a bottomless pit!
    Lovely rad!
    ------------------------------------------------
    Anagha From Team MocktailMommies
    Collage Of Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Anagha! Indeed, they are ... never ending pits of desires.
      Glad you liked the poem. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. Wow, that's a deep poem with many layers. Beautiful, intricate work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for appreciating words, Shawana!
      Glad you liked it! :)
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  8. Double thumbs up for the poem! Well crafted.

    Best wishes,
    Nilanjana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it, Nilanjana!
      Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete