Sunday, July 17, 2016

The Stranger By Albert Camus: Book Review


The StrangerThe Stranger by Albert Camus
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Stranger by Albert Camus is one book of my TBR. I enjoyed reading it as I had expected. The first half was somewhat distant resonance from the protagonist, despite being a self-narration. The tone of narration was cold and commenting indifferently. Only after reading a few pages one realises that the Protagonist is lacking the ability to relate on an emotional level. The narration sounded pretty much like that of a sociopath. Overall the theme of The Stranger makes life seems to redundant.

The Nihilism at its best and the debate on life being a subjective/Objective matter plays throughout the book in between the lines and in the mind of the reader.

The story by the end come across as humanization of a sociopath/psychopath and I cried (like I often do while reading, love to get myself some good crying! Ha! ). However, the narrator is indefinite to emotions and but fascinating how often he mention being annoyed. He denies playing the "social construct" games because that don't make sense to him. He doesn't believe in God and all that jazz as he evaluates the surroundings based on an empirical approach.

I liked it! I don't reckon I completely understand it. I felt something missing perhaps a gap in translation. I want to reread it someday. Recommended to people who like philosophical subjects.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Great Site. Visit my Blog Tahirkhandawar.blogspot.com and How i amke great blog like your blog

    ReplyDelete