Thursday, March 3, 2016

Of Mice and MenOf Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

If a book makes you feel profound emotions, it passes the test of good writing(, I believe). This book just drowned my heart! There is a strange sense of impending hope throughout the novella. It has a somewhat sad tone but yet it keeps the track filled with anticipate. It was my first John Steinbeck's book and it surprised by the level of spellbinding-ness it imposes on the reader. It is a story about friendship and "dreams" (intended to target the idea of the idealized American dream.). It shines a light on the agony of loneliness and constant rapacious nature of humankind towards each other.
I recommend it to people who want to read about the melancholic dark side of life and human nature.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment